ELA-8 Supply Lists
If you placed a supply order through School Supplies America, those orders will be delivered to the classrooms prior to opening day. If you were unable to order by June 5, click below for the supply list and find your student's grade.
Purple Tie Affair Raffle and Dinner Tickets
The 2015 Purple Tie Affair, "A Night at the Races", is August 15 at 6 p.m. in the Johnson Field House. Corporate and Reserved tables, as well as reverse raffle tickets are on sale now. To purchase tickets online click here www.darlingtonschool.org/purpletieaffair and make your selection. Seating is limited to the first 400 people.
For a 1 in 350 chance to win $10,000 cash or up to $18,000 tuition credit for your oldest child, purchase your reverse raffle tickets online or from an Athletic Booster Club delegate. Tickets are going fast!
Proceeds from the event support the projects and initiatives of our parents organizations: ELA-8 and 9-12 Tiger PRIDE, Fine Arts Booster Club and Athletic Booster Club.
Immediate Action Required for Those Who Took June 6 SAT
If you took the June 6th SAT, you may have heard that there were some problems with the test administration nationwide, resulting in two (2) sections that will not be scored. Here is what you need to know and do:
1) If you took the June 2015 SAT, you have until September 3, 2015 to request a fee waiver for the October 2015 SAT.
2) You CANNOT
make this request online. You MUST CALL
College Board and speak with a representative. The number is 866-756-7346
. Just to be safe
we recommend that you make this call before June 30
so that you will also be able to get four (4) free score reports,
3) The deadline by which you can request four (4) free score reports to be sent to colleges from the June test has been extended. You have until June 30th to make this request. We recommend that you CALL College Board to arrange for your free score reports, using the number listed above.
4) No refunds will be issued for the June test.
5) June scores WILL be posted to your College Board account. You will be able to refrain from sending them to the colleges, if you wish, using Score Choice, assuming that the colleges to which you are applying permit you to do so.
5) If you are applying to a college which requires that ALL scores be sent, you must still send the June scores, but you can explain the testing error on your application in the "additional information" section.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact Darlington's College Guidance Office.