Coosa Junior Golf Academy is the year-round golf training program offered by Rome’s Coosa Country Club. Offered to boarding and day students as an extracurricular opportunity, CJGA enrolls highly motivated male and female student-athletes who share a common goal – to obtain a premier college-preparatory education and world-class golf training within a single, competitive program.
The only golf academy in the State of Georgia with a boarding component, CJGA is directed by Coosa Country Club’s head golf pro, Master Clubfitter Brian Albertson in cooperation with Chris Williams, director of operations for Coosa Junior Golf Academy at Darlington School. By integrating a strong academic curriculum, state-of-the-art athletic facilities, and professional instruction on the course, the academy develops the highest potential in every player, regardless of skill level.
Coosa Country Club’s staff of certified coaches and performance training specialists have designed a training regimen that focuses on solid fundamentals, clear communication and state-of-the-art digital video analysis technology. This dedicated team of coaches is also committed to mapping out college recruitment strategies that fit each athlete’s unique academic and athletic abilities. CJGA meets daily from 4 to 6:15 p.m.
CJGA has established relationships with the Georgia PGA Junior Golf Tour, the Hurricane Golf Tour and the Southeastern Junior Golf Tour. Based on their individual level of play, golfers have year-round opportunities to compete in events hosted by these entities as well as the American Junior Golf Association.
Boarding students who participate in the Coosa Junior Golf Academy at Darlington live in one of the school’s six student houses, three for boys and three for girls. The House System is the backbone of the family-like atmosphere at Darlington, developing strong student-faculty relationships. More than 40 percent of the school’s faculty and staff members live on campus and provide invaluable support and interaction with students both in and out of the classroom. Click here for more information about Darlington’s boarding program.
- Coosa Country Club Junior Membership
- Extensive work with Launch Monitor
- Digital stroke/swing analysis
- Extensive focus on short game in separate short game area with bunkers, chipping area and putting green
- Corrective drills
- Practice techniques
- Effective course management skills
- Tournament performance and scoring
- Physical strength, flexibility, endurance conditioning and nutrition
- Expert club fitting analysis
- Recruiting assistance and college guidance
- Round-trip transportation from Darlington School to Coosa Country Club
- Team golf bag and apparel
- 10 tournaments per year (does not include tournament entry fees)
- Additional play or practice time, which may be scheduled on weekends
Coosa Country Club – founded in 1909, located along the Coosa River in Rome, Ga.
- 50,000-square-foot, two-story, clubhouse with lockers and fully equipped pro shop
- 18-hole course redesigned by George Cobb in 1961
- Course winds along the banks of the Coosa River, providing a rewarding and accommodating game for players of all skill levels
- Bermuda fairways and Bent grass greens
- Host site for seven Georgia State Amateur Championships
- Annual site for AJGA Rome Jr. Classic and the Georgia Jr. PGA Rome Jr. Classic
Darlington School – independent school founded in 1905, located in Rome, Ga.
- 96,000-square-foot athletic facility complete with natatorium, indoor track, weight room, wrestling room, locker rooms, meeting rooms, four multi-purpose courts and performance gym
Academy Tuition Payments
Darlington School partners with FACTS for monthly online tuition payments. Please visit the student account balance page or click on the logo above to set up your payment account.
If you need to make a one-time payment, you may do so using your established DiamondMind account.
If you have any questions, please e-mail the
Business Office or call (706) 236-0411.