Positions are posted as they become available.
No positions are currently available.
The following sports have coaching opportunities available to full-time employees. For full details, read the Profile of a Coach.
Darlington School's hiring needs are normally not determined until the end of February or early March. During this time frame, we will have a clearer picture of availability and will begin our search process.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and any supporting materials as a single PDF file to Carrie Eady, Human Resources Manager, 1014 Cave Spring Road, Rome, GA 30161. No phone calls please.
Employee benefits include retirement annuity, comprehensive major medical, term life insurance, disability insurance, credit union, meals, flexible benefits plan, supplemental retirement annuity and faculty study grants.
- Five (5) classes
- Coach class
- Two (2) preparations
- Class preparation–often 2 hours nightly
- Grades due every four (4) weeks
- Substituting in department
- Comments written on students three (3) times annually
- Advising students (6-10)
- Coaching or Lifetime Fitness
Dormitory Duties (if hired as residential faculty)
- Once every seven (7) days approximately (weekends as well as weekdays)
- Weekend/campus activities
- Monthly faculty meetings
- Committee meetings
- Ticket duty
- Admissions duties
- Parents Weekend
- Dance duty
BACK TO TOP
Content Manager, Communications Office
Founded in 1905, Darlington School is a coeducational day (PK-12) and boarding (9-12) school serving
over 800 students. Our students are the center of all that we do and, together, we challenge them to learn
with passion, act with integrity, and serve with respect.
The Content Manager is responsible for creating written, visual and audiovisual content that helps tell
Darlington's story, both in print and online, and furthers the school's brand and strategic marketing goals.
A critical member of the Communication Office staff, he or she manages multiple projects from concept
to completion with direction from the Director of Media Relations. This position demands a high level of
creativity and technical knowledge as well as an organized, professional approach to deadlines and time
Reports to: Director of Media Relations
- Contribute to the development of content for print and electronic materials that focus primarily on
fundraising, recruitment, and internal communication
- Assist with identifying audiences and determining the best ways to reach them
- Manage content-driven sections of the school website (News, Galleries, Blogs, 1,000 Stories),
uploading new content on a daily basis
- Seek out and write news and feature stories about Darlington School and its students, faculty and
staff, and alumni for the school website, Darlington Magazine, special interest publications and
- Cover campus news and disseminate press releases to news publications (both print and online),
radio, social media and other forms of media
- Promote Darlington programs and events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with news media representatives and, with
guidance from the Director of Media Relations, answer press queries relating to general inquiries
and other public information matters
- Celebrate student achievements (such as Honor Roll, scholarships, etc.) by notifying individual
- Review print and online news sources for stories about Darlington School and track monthly
- Help build the school's electronic media presence through the production of video and audio
stories as assigned
- Manage the school's social media presence
- Use various analytics to track content performance and adjust messaging accordingly
- Produce Lakeside e-Lines monthly online newsletter
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry software and best practices
- Attend and assist with special events as needed, some of which may take place after hours or on
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, public relations, or other related field AND at
least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of Associated Press style guidelines
- Experience in the development of targeted messages for the appropriate medium
- Knowledge of marketing and branding principles
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Creative, motivated and flexible
- Ability to take projects from concept to completion in deadline-driven environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to present and explain ideas
- Ability to comprehend client needs and develop practical solutions
- Demonstrated team work and initiative
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Integrity and commitment to the mission of Darlington School
- Physical requirements: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of
force as frequently as needed to move objects
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit three writing samples and a cover letter along with your resume, preferably a combination
of news and feature stories.
BACK TO TOP