Athletic Camps (Day)
Athletic Camps (Overnight)
Maker Challenge Camp Flier
Student participants will experience several exciting hi-tech activities over the course of the week-long sessions. Every skill level, ranging from beginner to super geek, will need to fire up their brains and prepare to work in cooperative engineering teams.
- Computer programming and robotics experience is NOT necessary.
- Campers will have partners or groups for all activities and are expected to work cooperatively.
- A full lunch will be provided each day. Campers can bring snacks, if necessary. A good-night’s sleep and a big breakfast before arrival is strongly recommended.
- Campers should be able to stay focused on building and computer-related activities for approximately two hours at a time.
- Supervised swimming at the Darlington pool will be offered two times each week
- There will be at least one field trip to a local facility to see robots and other complex machines at work. Also, at least one invited speaker will share technological innovations with the group.
- On the last Friday of each camp session, parents will be invited for lunch and a demonstration hosted by campers.
Engineering Creations (Rising 3rd-5th Grade)
Coding Challenges, Destroy-Build Recycle Bots, MakeyMakey, Snap Circuits, Lego WeDo Robots, Laser Etching, 3D Printing and MORE!
For more information, contact Owen Kinney
About the director
Owen Kinney chairman of the science department, has taught at Darlington since 1999. He has directed academic enrichment and adventure camps for middle school students for the past 12 years and coached Darlington’s First Lego League and First Tech Challenge teams for the past six years. Since arriving at Darlington, he has taught Biology, Environmental Science, AP Environmental Science, Zoology and Robotics at the Upper School. Kinney's summer staff includes seasoned veterans of the FIRST Lego League and FIRST Tech Challenge programs at Darlington.
For: Rising 3rd thru 7th graders
Dates: June 19-23
8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Cost: $295 (includes lunch)
Where: Thatcher Hall, Darlington School
To register please fill out this form and submit to Owen Kinney
1014 Cave Spring Road
Rome, GA 30161-4700