- Recognizing that all human beings have spiritual needs, Darlington School commits to fostering the spiritual growth and development of its students.
- In keeping with Darlington’s heritage, our religious life orientation, while non-denominational, is Judeo-Christian based.
- People of all religions are welcomed and respected at Darlington. We desire to be a nurturing community where love and understanding permeate all relationships
- Darlington will admit qualified students regardless of their creed and religion. Students, however, must know in advance and be willing to abide by and support the Darlington School Religious Policy.
- Darlington will hire qualified faculty regardless of their creed and religion. Faculty, however, must know in advance and be willing to abide by and support the Darlington School Religious Policy.
- Darlington expects its students and faculty to respect all religions and people of all religions. The school will not practice or tolerate either the maligning of any person’s religion, or the attempting to convince any person that his or her religious beliefs are not valid.
- Since Darlington views the primary role of the classroom setting as educational, faculty will refrain from using the classroom as a forum for religious conversion and will refrain from expressing their personal religious beliefs in any manner demeaning to any other system of belief.
- Believing that well-educated people in a global community must understand the world in which they live, Darlington will provide opportunities for students to learn the basic tenets of the world’s major religions.
- Darlington will attempt to provide meaningful worship opportunities with regularly scheduled services in both the Christian tradition and traditions of other world religions.
- Darlington will strive to enhance the religious understanding and spiritual journey of every student.
This policy, intended to clarify religious policies and procedures at Darlington, was passed by the Board of Trustees on April 30, 1998, [and revised by the Board of Trustees on September 10, 2004.]