We're excited to announce next spring break's amazing adventure to Iceland! Enrollment is now open so that you can plan ahead and we can lock in the best possible rates. There are 25 slots open and the deadline to submit a deposit is May 25. This trip is open to students, parents, teachers and friends of Darlington School.
Here are ten unforgettable things that we're going to do next Spring Break:
1. Relax in the warm, geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon.
2. Stand where two tectonic plates meet at Pinvellir, the best place in the world to see the junction of plates. Touch the border of the tectonic plate that ends in San Francisco.
3. Hike on a glacier. Witness how much glacier has withdrawn in the past twenty years.
4. Enjoy the milky blue, mineral-rich Myvatn Nature Baths. Slather on natural clay and feel the earth’s steam rise around you.
5. Stand in awe at Goddafoss waterfall, “Waterfall of the Gods.” Visit Geysir, the namesake of every geyser in the world. Watch another geyser, Strokkur, erupt every 5-10 minutes.
6. Explore Reykijavík, the country’s capital, and get Icelander’s take on trends in globalization. Iceland is one of the world’s most homogenous cultures, given its record of low immigration.
7. Explore Akureyri, a quaint seaside town in Northern Iceland. Meet the fisherman Ektafiskur Ehf to learn how this small business trades globally. Witness how Icelanders traditionally lived and worked.
8. Learn how Iceland runs a clean energy economy; you will see that 98% of Iceland’s energy needs are provided by renewable resources: hydro and geothermal.
9. Meet with a University of Akureyri oceanographer for a personal take on Iceland’s ocean, biodiversity, and climate changes.
10. Search for the tell-tale plume of mist from breaching whales during your whale watching excursion.
What’s Included? An inclusive global experience.
Round trip airfare, comfortable motor coach, 7 overnight stays in hotels with private bathrooms, breakfast and dinner, licensed tour director in Iceland, all transportation in Iceland, WeShare - an online learning platform, EF’s global protection plan (insurance), and entrances to all tours, attractions and daily activities: