Darlington’s athletic academies enroll highly motivated students from around the world who share a common goal – to obtain an excellent college-preparatory education and elite training within a single, competitive program. Our world-class coaching staffs and innovative training regimens combine with Darlington’s rigorous academic program and first-rate facilities to offer a unique environment designed to prepare students for collegiate opportunities in soccer, tennis and golf. Students compete in regional, national and international events throughout the school year, ensuring maximum exposure for those students wishing to compete at the next level.
Darlington’s proven track record, with small classes and instructors who care, makes the difference in preparing students well for college. The beautiful campus, extensive facilities, and many academic, athletic, and social opportunities, combined with a friendly spirit, ensure that each Academy student is given the opportunity to succeed.
Darlington to host Atlanta Boys and Girls College Exposure Camps
Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017
This month, Darlington School will play host to hundreds of elite soccer athletes during the Atlanta Boys and Girls College Exposure Camps. The girls’ camp will be held on Saturday, Dec. 9, and the boys’ camp will be held the following day on Sunday, Dec. 10. Both camps are for ages 13-19.
Professional Development: Journey to the World Championships with the US Soccer National Paralympic Team
Chad Liddle, Director of Soccer Academy
Saturday, Sep. 9, 2017
Over the past 12 months I have been honored to work with the U.S. Soccer National Para Team in a number of training camps and domestic competitions. Now the day has arrived for the opening ceremonies of the World Championships in San Luis, Argentina.
Faculty members and coaches are committed to helping each student manage his or her time to achieve success in the classroom and on the field. Parents can monitor their child’s progress daily through continuously updated grades as well as comments from instructors and coaches posted on each student’s secure web page.
Academy boarding students are housed in one of the six houses on campus, three for boys and three for girls. Each house has a full-time head of house who receives assistance from numerous other Darlington faculty. This house system is the backbone of the family-like campus atmosphere at Darlington and it helps to develop strong, life-long student-faculty mentoring relationships. Forty percent of the school's faculty and staff live on campus.
- Huffman Memorial Athletic Center, a $16 million, 96,000-square-foot facility with natatorium, indoor track, weight room, wrestling gym, lockers rooms, three multi-purpose courts and performance gym
- Fully equipped training room with ATC on staff
- Four well-maintained playing fields
- Indoor Soccer Academy training facility
- 12 newly resurfaced tennis courts
- Rubberized Olympic track and speed training equipment
- Classrooms and meeting rooms for video analysis
- Full access to Coosa Country Club's tennis courts and 18-hole golf course, less than one mile from campus
- 500-acre campus that includes a small lake, woodlands and six miles of wooded running trails
- Six residential houses, three for boys and three for girls, with WiFi in each
- Classrooms, administrative offices, Dodd Dining Hall, McCallie-Kennedy Library, Kawamura Science Center, Zelle Fine Arts Building and Morris Chapel
- 1:1 technology program, which provides MacBooks to Upper School students for educational use. All educational buildings have WiFi. Public use computers are also available across campus and in the houses.
For more information or to enroll your child, please contact Charles Steeves in the Admission Office.
U19 Boys Soccer Academy vs. Tusculum College
Saturday, Aug. 26, 2017
The U19 Soccer Academy Boys perform well in their hard-fought battle against Tusculum College. The final score was 4-2.