The chapel resulted from the efforts of Andrew Cooper (son of the School's founder), former president C.R. Wilcox, and former headmaster E.L. Wright. Boys in the classes of 1956 and 1957 contributed one brick each and friends and alumni of the School provided pews, stained glass windows, and an excellent pipe organ. The chapel was dedicated in 2001 in honor of the family of William S. Morris ’52. Today the chapel is used for assemblies, vocal and instrumental music presentations, holiday celebrations, and chapel and baccalaurate services.